Tuesday, April 11, 2006

On carpet indentations and some other junk.

My work laptop has been sitting in its case, in the same spot on the floor, since the evening of 3/29. Tonight I picked the case up to put it near the door so I wouldn't forget it tomorrow morning, which I would totally do (and have done before). There were indentations in the carpet from where the case had been sitting.

Thus ends watching Molto Mario and Ellen/Oprah every day. Thus ends not knowing what day it is. Thus ends having viable brainpower to expend upon my unpaid job when normally I am all tapped out and fairly useless. Thus ends going ot the gym at 10am when it's completely empty.

During my two week stint of personal time off, I resisted the urge to check work email even though it would have been so easy to do so. I applied for at least 8 positions, 3 of which I would really love to have. I tried to spend as little money as possible. I saw no movies in the theater (none worth seeing, really). I kept up with my exercise regime. And I had a really good time seeing really cool sights with my brother, e.g.:


If I didn't have to sit in an all-day meeting tomorrow, I'd probably be okay with going back to work.

Oh, who am I kidding - I am never going to be okay with going back to work.

2 comments:

  1. All day meetings: Oh, the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah,yes, the allure of having no job! i was there sista, i feel your pain at having to return!

    it sounds like you were incredibly productive on your time off though (which i wasn't, and it continually impresses me that you were) and i'm sure something will pay off for you as a result of your labors!

    ReplyDelete