Sunday, November 16, 2008

"You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N."

Before I moved, a friend gave me the Living Life Game - 30 life adventures to add a little excitement to the everyday. I love a good adventure, and I am definitely the type who needs to check things off a list, so I was very excited to play this game. Best played alone - even better!

After the move I got distracted with... well, life... so I put off playing the game. When I finally did pull the game out to start, it turned out that the first adventure was to watch the sun rise. I love sunrises and sunsets, and getting up early wasn't going to be a problem. However, my timing has always been impeccable, and the day I pulled the first card it was overcast early in the morning. After that, the sunrise always occurred around the time I was in the shower, so I put the game aside temporarily.

This morning I woke at 6am, fed Her Majesty and started about my day. One of the first tasks was to take out the trash and on the way back into the building, what to my wondering eyes should appear:

According to the card I was supposed to view the sunrise from a place that is quiet and open, so that I could reflect upon its significance and beauty.

The path back to my apartment may not be "open," but at 6:20am Sunday morning it's pretty darned quiet. After I went back in to grab the camera, I stood and just watched the sky change for about 10 minutes.

I was also supposed to see if I felt more productive on this day. Well... I've been up for 14 1/2 hours and it's only 8:30pm. Of course I was productive. (Kidding, sort of. I did get a lot of holiday and birthday shopping done, and I made the cranberry stuffing for mandatory fun day on Tuesday, and... well, no one cares what I had for lunch but I got a lot done today.)

And now I'm totally wiped out. I was hoping the Pipeline Porter I had with dinner would wake me up a bit so that I could watch Hedwig, but alas...

________________
Tony is Mark! Did you know this? If so, why didn't you tell me? I love him. I just read his memoir, and while I plowed through it in literally a day, and bawled my eyes out through the entire chapter where he describes the first performance after Jonathan Larson's death, I can't recommend it to anyone other than his biggest fan (which is me, so never mind).

And wow - his brother directed Winter Passing. And Tony Mark was in that too, and I didn't notice that either.

Bad biggest fan! BAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment