Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday three.

Three things I covet today, in no particular order:

OK, the last one I can certainly afford and implement into my daily life. The other two, not so much. Unless I buy a house or quit my job.

On the other end of the spectrum, two things I no longer covet...

One is a solar-powered iPod charger. I inquired around quite a bit, and ended up going with ThinkGeek's product since they have never steered me wrong before. It's supposed to arrive next Tuesday, right around the time the sun is scheduled to go away for nine months... Excellent! My 19 year old iPod doesn't last more than an hour when charged overnight with real kW, so I'm curious to see if this thing will give me a song or two with its charging power. Look for experimental results in the near future.

And... may I have a drumroll please. For the last three years I could not believe that my fancy digital camera did not have black&white ability. It was my only regret about purchasing this camera - I've been utterly thrilled with it otherwise. Just now, I was searching for an example of a digital camera with black&white ability that I could covet... And ran across instructions on how to access my own camera's black&white ability, which is SOOOOOOOOO not in the manual - anywhere, believe me I have looked - and lo and behold, it works:


This officially takes fall photography to a hnl... (And makes me happier than you can possibly imagine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment