Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Editorial. And other news.

For the record, I was pretty happy* when I wrote that last post. I had just heard a concession speech from the person I did not want to win, I had just heard an acceptance speech from the person I did want to win...

I don't regret posting it. I do wish I had been more respectful, like this was. I am glad that so many people voted, regardless of who they voted for. I do think we need to buckle down as a country and figure out where to go, regardless of who won the Presidency. I do hope the next leader of the free world takes a fine-toothed comb to the budget to see which programs are working and which are not, and figures out an exit plan for Iraq and Afghanistan, and...

Most importantly, I do hope he does something about those obnoxious Brooke Shields VW commercials.

In other news!

I am packing for my Oaktown trip, which has suddenly evolved to include former-coworker coffee dates and a facial at my former favorite old spa, in addition to all the previously planned visiting...

And because it will be sunny in Oaktown, I get to see if my solar powered iPod charger actually works...

And I have decided upon The Fountainhead for NaNoReMo. I'm already behind, and it's a long story, so we'll see how this goes. So far I know that Peter Keating is an arrogant fool and Howard Roark is a maverick. (A real maverick, not the kind we've been hearing about for months.) I think I'm gonna like him.

And...

________________
* By "happy" I mean that I had just had a lot of wine out of nervous anticipation. But you already knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment