Saturday, November 15, 2008

File under: not worth the time. Well, not worth my time, anyway.

Things We Lost in the Fire: apparently, we lost any sense of what a good story might be, followed closely by Berry's and Del Toro's careers (Duchovny's is already done, I'm guessing), AND almost two hours of my life. So thanks for that, Susanne Bier.

A Lawyer Walks Into a Bar...: the tale of several folks and their quest to pass the bar exam. A very strange documentary that pitted stereotypical lawyer jokes (compliments of Eddie Griffin and actual really bad 3am crack lawyer infomercials) against ambitious youngish people, none of whom I related to, who seemed to be genuinely committed to passing the bar exam for various reasons, many of which had to do with making lots of money for doing as little as possible. The only student I cared about was the woman who killed herself working herself up from the dregs only to be told she didn't have enough credits to qualify to take the bar exam at that time.

(Seriously, how did this get into my Netflix queue? I think there is a bug in the software.)

Next up: Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. I suspect it's going to royally suck, Seymour Hoffman aside. But I will watch it. And then I will write a scathing review. Because that's how I roll.

I'm Not There is coming soon, and a coworker lent me Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and I have some sort of scrapped-together BSG Season 4 which I can only watch on my computer monitor while sitting in my uncomfortable desk chair (which might just force me to buy a comfy desk chair, which I've been procrastinating since May)... and I suspect I will enjoy those immensely. So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment