Sunday, October 12, 2008

"You scored 5 out of a possible 12..."

"Rather ignorant, I’m afraid. You’re clearly reading in slavish obedience to the censors. Are you going to be voting for Sarah Palin?"

GADS!! No, and I'm not moving to Alaska either. I'm just slightly optimistic about worldly views. (How is Call of the Wild "too radical," Yugoslavia? Too cold, maybe. Too cruel, definitely. But too radical? Really?)

Oh, and also, I haven't read half those books. Now adding them to my list so that one day I can wear this with pride.

[Digression... Was Lord of the Flies ever on a banned list? That was a truly great book that I should re-read someday soon. What about Catch-22? End of digression.]

Anywho, what's your score? I already gave you one answer!

5 comments:

  1. We dined at Spettro last night for the first time. Cozy little place. Our dinner consisted of the rosemary potato rolls (which were pretty good), a booberry salad (which was AWESOME), and the peanutbutter pizza (which was edible, but just barely).

    We'll definitely head back for repeats on the salad and to try some other menu items, but we caution all away from the PB Pizza. Even the Indonesian waiter who professed a love for all things peanut-based said it didn't quite work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the prices were great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's sad! I still have not tried it. I'm curious though... so I still might despite the bad review. Maybe you guys aren't as into pizza and PB as I am. :)

    If brie risotto is on the menu, GET IT. Avoid the fish specials. And bring your own wine - no corkage fee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, are we comminting about food or about knowledge of banned books?

    I achieve 8/12 and received the same snarky evaluation. Too bad the grading doesn't identify which items were answered correctly/incorrectly, let alone identify the correct responses.

    ReplyDelete