Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall progress, act I.

I'm trying to remember to take my camera with me every day so that I can photojournal the fall season. It's not quite here - but it's teetering on the edge. I have a suspicion that one day soon I will wake up and the leaves will be brilliant shades of crayola (act II)... and the next day I will wake up and they will be littered all over the streets and the rain will start (act III).

But first a little context. I work near the South Park Blocks where they hold the farmer's market spring-fall. There are benches and statues and maybe even a fountain somewhere. Anyway, it's been a stunning strip of green for the past five months:


And the leaves are just starting to turn:


I'm excited to see how the strip changes colors over the next few weeks.

I noticed more significant signs of fall in the Whole Foods parking lot in the NE last night (which I was excited to discover, since it's more convenient than the one closer to my apartment):

But I'm most excited to take a sick day for Act II, head up to Hood River and wear my camera out... My, um, "scratchy throat" is poised and ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment