Saturday, October 04, 2008

Ah yes, the old "guilt by proximity" approach.

The latest pathetic attempt at an accusation implies that I am BFFs with the couple who were featured in my neighborhood association's summer newsletter. You know, the ones who garden in their underwear, brag about breaking into their own home, ignore the fact that there are actually non-white people living in this neighborhood, and have a pet crow. I resent this implication. You betcha I do.

I get that in today's fearful and fend-for-yourself world, many people probably don't understand that an experienced community organizer gets to know who is in their neighborhood (regardless of whether they are still actively organizing or not) and might actually have a conversation with them if they see them on the street.

That (potentially understandable) misunderstanding aside, the rest is just a lie, and I really hope the American people are smarter than Palin and McCain think.

No comments:

Post a Comment