Thursday, September 07, 2006

What if we're still doing this when we're 50?

I made an executive decision today, one that's long overdue. No, I didn't quit Paid Job. (Yet.)

Instead, I recommended a change in Unpaid Job's structure that hasn't been working for quite a while. It was an out-of-the-blue recommendation to everyone else, and it was a last-minute request, and I'm no longer in charge so I wasn't sure how it would go over. But everyone heard me out and agreed with my recommendation, and then later they gave me recognition. This was on the same day someone else at Unpaid Job sent a crazy last-minute request and all the other Unpaid Employees banded together via email to accommodate the request.

THIS is how Paid Job should be. No finger-pointing, no trash-talking, no pettiness. Just people who like each other, working toward the same goal, coming together in times of need.

The punchline is, I got a raise at Paid Job today. A.K.A. "HOW THEY GET YA."

No comments:

Post a Comment