Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I am aware that no one cares what I had for lunch ...

... but I'm not in the mood to go here right now. So I will steal from someone else instead. Someone whose list contains books I've read and also books I've never heard of. The latter of which means she is much smarter than me. I do not promise such a list.

1. One book that changed your life: The River Why, read first year of college. Offers an intriguing concept behind reincarnation and the afterlife that I still ponder to this day.

2. One book you have read more than once: most books still on my bookshelf - I give the one-time reads away. Probably most read over the shortest duration of time was A Prayer for Owen Meany. Read during the David phase. Best thing I got out of that relationship.

3. One book you would want on a desert island: A blank journal, so I could keep track of the days, chronicle my adventures and leave tips for the next desert island dweller.

4. One book that made you laugh: Another Roadside Attraction, read about 6 years ago. Parts of this book also fall under #1.

5. One book that made you cry: The Outsiders. Not when Johnny dies, but when the brothers have it out at the end.

6. One book you wish had been written: What Jen(n) Should Do With Her Life, for Dummies.

7. One book you wish had never been written: anything by Bill O'Reilly or Ann Coulter.

8. One book you are currently reading: The Brothers K when I have energy to read at night, and Lizard Music when I don't.

9. One book you have been meaning to read: the Bible. (Seriously.)

So, what's on your nightstand?

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I read parts of Lizard music as a kid, but never finished.

    As, offline, as to the Bible, I could make suggestions if you are interested on how to start. I am reading the book of Daniel page by page now, but that's not a good starter book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the nightstand. It usually has a nice smooth book to curl up on, and a little clock I can knock to the floor. This week's book is "Guns, Germs, and Steel" which makes better bedding than it sounds like.

    You will get back to us on the dating deal breakers, yes?

    ReplyDelete