Saturday, September 23, 2006

Wait 'til I tell the guys in marketing.

I had a great day. Great. I slept in a little, then helped a friend install windows all day. (So now I know how to do that, for those of you considering such an undertaking.) We made lots of progress as compared to last weekend, and we saved him lots of money.

On the way home I was on the freeway trying to get over to the exit so I could take the road that runs by the marina instead of the freeway. I came THIS CLOSE... THIS CLOSE to hitting some dude's Audi. I don't think I've ever had such a close call. It would've been a rather expensive end to my cost-saving day.

At that moment it occurred to me that one second could make an enormous difference in a day.

I don't really have a point to this story. But I did freak out a bit tonight when I saw one of those VW ads depicting head-on collisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment