Friday, September 22, 2006

"Mom's done busted her knee cap."

That was the subject of an email I got from the folks today. An investigative phone call revealed that my mom fell off a step on Tuesday and fractured her kneecap in three places. She's hobbling around alright, it seems, but there might be an impending surgery... She has osteoporosis so they are worried that the fracture might separate. Surgery or not, she's been informed not to bend her knee for 6 weeks.

The doctor made a point of telling her that if she'd done this 30 years ago she would've bounced up off the pavement and gone about her day.

Was that really necessary? If I'd been in the room with that doctor, I would've punched him square in the nose.

It's days like this when I really want to move back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment