Monday, September 11, 2006

Hello lamp post, whatcha knowin'?

I now possess these cards called "Wisdom for Healing Cards." When I first got them they seemed incredibly hokey, and the seminar with which they were associated was a bit of a debacle,* so I hadn't really thought much about them since. Out of curiosity Saturday while I was cleaning, I finally opened the box. The very first card suggested I do something I'd been putting off for a while. It stated that by recognizing and resolving one small thing I've been postponing, I could ignite powerful change over time.

Hmm. I'd been putting off cleaning for a LONG while, how coincidental that I would turn this particular card the day I decided to clean.

So the next day I flipped to the next card: pay attention to your body and respond to one stress fully and consciously. I hadn't slept much at all Saturday night, so I resisted a drink (or three) at lunch with some friends who were all having a few. It's not normal for me to resist a drink when everyone else is imbibing, and I consciously did so. I thought that was an interesting step. Then after lunch and afternoon activities I took a long walk and ended up sleeping like a baby Sunday night.

Today's card had a bit of a religious slant but the message essentially was: slow down and observe everything as though it was speaking to me. Mondays of late have been absolute hell-holes. But today I hit the snooze a few extra times, I read a magazine at lunch instead of working through lunch, I stared out the window several times and wondered if the cars on the highway were headed somewhere fun, and I walked the long way home after the gym this evening. I even walked through the neighborhood dog park - slightly out of my way but the romping dogs always make me smile.

I'm not sure how long this card-following thing will last, and surely it will be interspersed with lots of "insecure storytime" (lord knows I could fill a book) but for now... Doot-in' doo-doo, feelin' groovy.

________________
* YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. I never went to said seminar, but I seem to recall some kind of story about some crack?

    ReplyDelete