Monday, December 19, 2005

You're that clever shark, aren't you?

My apartment is right next to the elevator, and I can hear when people are getting on/off. It's not loud or anything, just audible. I noticed a while back that Luna had taken to running to the door in what appeared to be expectation of a visitor, whenever she heard the elevator open on our floor. I thought that was pretty odd since I hardly ever have people over. Odd, or perhaps smart. Perhaps she was ready to stand guard, to hold down the fort should a stranger or land shark break in and try to rob or eat us.

Today the phone rang and she ran to the counter, sat under the phone and meowed.

I'm starting to think she's just lonely. Maybe it's time to invest in these babies.

________________
Reason #457 why I should not have kids - THAT'S my solution to the problem. (OK it's a sarcastic solution. But still.) Although, to be fair, both she and Riley once loved to watch the Discovery channel and Microcosmos. I'm not sure why that stopped. Now she's got the Cirque du Soleil squirrels outside for entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment