Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Slippery Teflon From Utah.

I got an email from the folks today saying they'd checked in, gotten their "A" seats, and were very anxious about the visit.*

Yeah, you and me both. All three of us. Number one, for the record, they DO NOT clean when I go home so I shouldn't have to when they come out here. I managed to clear off the counter and table, which I've been meaning to do since last Monday, and I'll vacuum tomorrow before I head to the airport. But that's IT.

Number two, I have already anticipated the questions surrounding this, and I actually have reasonable answers. But how to explain all the pirate paraphernalia (including a friend's wedding pirate photo), seven seasons of Buffy, cat hair in the refrigerator (gross but true), and the orange couch and matching chair? How, I ask you?

________________
* I assume they actually meant "excited." I may have transferred some of my own feelings into the interpretation. You must understand, I live alone by choice. And I live 3,000 mile away by choice. Not that I regret asking them out here... And not that my apartment is much smaller than their house.

I am SO SURE they feel the same way when I come to visit ("Jesus when can we have our routine back?!"), which is why I'm not feeling so guilty about any of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment