Sunday, December 11, 2005

I believe the children are our future.

Today I had the opportunity to sit next to a random high school student for a few hours. Boy. High school has really changed since I was there. When he wasn't commenting on how hung over he was, or saying how cool it was that possession of certain drugs didn't buy you jail time, or talking about how the club scene in the city sucked, he asked variations* of the following questions:

  • Is Delaware a state?
  • Do they have Banana Republic there?
  • Saturday counts as the weekend, right?
  • Oh my God you're THIRTY??
Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHOW THEM.

________________
* Actual questions changed to protect the (hopefully) innocent. Except the last one. He really asked that.

4 comments:

  1. Jen, are you sure about David Crosby? Look, here's a picture of him in his youthful prime. Think of the attractive child you'd have.

    And let's be fair, we're all better or worse in various respects. Someone had to be the least talented CSNY member.

    Look at those full, luscious lips, hm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think your big paws botched the cut and paste. The link doesn't work... But in this picture he's no worse than the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It works fine for me. I can't vouch for your tiny fingers or Luna's typing assistance, but I'll spell it out since this is definitely the come-hither-make-babies picture.

    http://www.guitartips.addr.com/csn2..jpg

    Two dots (oddly) at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird, I copied the URL and nothing came up. But now I SEE... I would rather sit next to the hung-over high school kid mumbling historical inaccuracies while trying out new cell phone ringtones for all of eternity than have a child with David Crosby.

    ReplyDelete