Tuesday, March 01, 2005

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil...

... about the meeting I had the "pleasure" of sitting through today. Except to say that I shouldn't have been seeing or hearing the majority of it. But I shall not speak of it, and I did use the ridiculously long period of time to my advantage by making a laundry list of things I need to do for my unpaid second and third jobs. Sigh.

Speaking of laundry, I had to do laundry on another floor tonight and as I was going up the back stairwell - which I have never entered in my 16 months of living in this building - I saw one of the most lovely things in the world... A TRASH CHUTE!!! I have often wondered, when dumping my trash in the garage dumpster, why there was a big chute and from where it originated, but I never really took the time to investigate. It seems there is one ON EVERY FLOOR!!! Although it's not as convenient as the one in my first apartment - which was indoors, just down the plushy carpeted hall and did not require taking my keys and/or a 5-second doorstop - it was indeed a splendid discovery.

Hey, it's the little things.

Now I just have to find a way to implement a "rent chute," "rental repair request chute" and "chute me straight into my car chute" and I will be SO SET. Maybe a big slide from my balcony to the other side of the street where the bus stop is too... Hmm.

1 comment:

  1. Addendum: the trash chutes are all screwed shut.

    Rats.

    ReplyDelete