Sunday, February 27, 2005

I guess I should watch Million Dollar Baby...?

I brought a merlot to the Oscar party I went to, a party at which almost everyone LOVED Sideways. Oh, the HORROR.* They were all very nice but we clearly had very different taste in movies.**

I did not bring a merlot to the "baby's first birthday" party I went to this afternoon. I brought baby clothes, though, which are just so much fun to buy, and I got to see folks I haven't seen in a while, and I got to hold the newest Baby CHM member for almost an hour.

As a result, my arm hurts. But it's a good hurt.

________________
* For the record, I prefer merlot over pinot noir - I like to TASTE my wine.

** Not the least of which was Donnie Darko. When Jake Gyllenhaal was presenting, someone made a comment about not seeing that movie and another person's immediate reply was "DON'T bother." And then the others around him indicated their distaste for the movie. Having just watched the extended version and the director's commentary, I have a new appreciation for the film. (And I also think I finally understand what the hell it's about. But that was an incidental side effect.)

No comments:

Post a Comment