Friday, March 11, 2005

"A lie is a gesture, it's a courtesy, it's a little respect."

There's an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry holds the elevator for a teenage girl. They're both going to the same doctor's office and he kindly lets her off the elevator first. She ends up signing in before him and making him wait 45 extra minutes for his doctor's appointment... So the last scene shows him in the elevator, and someone is running to the elevator yelling "hold it! hold it!" and he feigns leaning forward to push the "door open" button as it shuts in the person's face.

Prior to seeing this episode, I feigned it all the time - not because I was worried I'd be late for something, but because inevitably I ALWAYS pushed the "door close" button by mistake and ended up not helping people anyway.

Since watching that episode, I now have a new perspective on feigners... and I'm proud to be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment