Thursday, March 24, 2005

Why, Hollywood, why?!?!

Three reasons I hate Hollywood right now:

1. Out of curiosity I watched The Grudge. I was sort of expecting to be scared silly, like I was with the original, so I geared myself up for that, but nooooooo. I found it silly... Perhaps because I kept thinking it was a Buffy episode... Perhaps because I got distracted halfway through with Luna's new bald spots*... Perhaps because I wasn't watching it in a lonely hotel room while sitting next to a closet with slatted sliding doors while a kid outside the hotel howled like the cat in the original... No, actually, I think it just sucked.

2. After that I caught 10 minutes of the American version of The Office. DEAR GOD WHY? The new "Tim" (whatever they're calling him) isn't even half as appealing as the old "Tim."

3. And finally, while searching for something to watch earlier tonight, I saw that there already seems to be a made-for-TV movie about Terri Schiavo. I'm too annoyed to try to verify that right now.

Hello, Hollywood?? Don't fuck with a good thing... And leave the limbo patients to their maker, whoever that might be. K? K.

________________
* I don't know what these are attributed to. The first time this happened I kinda knew it was because of the new couch, so I made arrangements for that (set up a nice little blanket for her and washed the couch covers repeatedly till the problem seemed to subside). But now I just have no idea... Unless SHE was freaked out by the Grudge movie and suddenly lost a lot of hair that miraculously disappeared. But I don't think so... Bald spots on an otherwise healthy cat are just freaky. Make a movie about THAT, Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment