Saturday, March 12, 2005

Today in music news...

(Because what I was going to write about will take way too much energy.)

According to iTunes, people who bought Wilco also bought Whitney Houston. And people who bought Jack Johnson also bought 50 cent. Two items of proof that other people with otherwise decent taste in music buy their crap online too.

In other news, I just discovered the Decemberists, who seem to have written a song about someone* I went to high school with, unless it's just a random coincidence. Neat. (Speaking of her, read this before you see this... Probably instead of seeing it, actually. You won't be sorry. I can't see Richard Gere in that role at ALL.)

And this will be pretty significant, if it actually happens.

________________
* I don't claim to have known her, but I was good friends with her sister years ago... Until I dated her sister's ex-boyfriend, and then all bets were off. Apparently they're still off, if a distantly-recent sighting at the book tour are any sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment