Sunday, March 13, 2005

"You rock, rock."

Three movies I've seen recently:

1. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. Oh my dear lord... I haven't laughed so hard since my Dodgeball/Elf double feature. Although the first part dragged a bit (with highlights here and there), at approximately 1 hour 3 minutes there is an utterly amazingly hilarious scene that carries the rest of the movie. People expecting another Elf will be sorely disappointed. People craving another Zoolander will be quite pleased.

2. I 'Heart' Huckabees. I'm still not sure what to make of this movie. I loved about 3/4 of it, I mean really loved it, but near the end I became less enamored. I can't say why exactly... Perhaps I just didn't get it after all. Perhaps it became a touch too pretentious. Perhaps Jude Law's miserable American accent finally got to me. Regardless, it's definitely worth checking out. Great actors and an interesting premise.

3. Taxi. Yes, I rented this crap (through Netflix, of course, see previous 'methods of crap rental' posts). I had no expectations other than that Jimmy Fallon would look really cute and maybe be funny. Unless the latter occured after the first 30 minutes (I couldn't bring myself to watch more than that), I only got the former. Worth 30 minutes of my life? Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment