Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Six hours is too long for a flight.

Oh, and why do they say "we recommend you take your shoes off" if they mean "TAKE YOUR DAMN SHOES OFF!!"? And why do they say people CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES stand at the front lavatory during flight, but during a 40 minute layover it's perfectly fine for people to gather up there all willy-nilly with no flight attendants lurking and the cockpit door wide open? And why do they call it a "lavatory" anyway???? And why do I always get stuck next to the grandparent who wants to "chat" the whole way there?

I hate flying.

In an effort to try to acclimate to left coast time and not fall asleep at 6pm, I watched two movies when I got home today. One (Rushmore) I could've done without - Election was much more entertaining. Not quite the same concept, but much more entertaining none the less. The other (Before Sunset) hit a little too close to home for me, although it was really well done and that's not something you hear often about a movie with two characters and pure dialogue.

I really must revisit my Netflix movie-picking strategies. Next up is Real Women Have Curves, which I expect to enjoy immensely, but after that I'm a little scared.

3 comments:

  1. Jen(n)! You're back!
    We've missed you.
    I'm glad you didn't actually need the lawyers (and anyway, I don't do guns, and you know that they don't let me near the drugs).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you should totally watch "Before Sunrise." It makes your viewing of "Before Sunset" more complete.

    ReplyDelete