Friday, January 28, 2005

Alcohol, my permanent accessory.

I find it highly amusing that amongst the birthday gifts I received, the overarching theme was alcohol-related. From different people I got a nice margarita glass set; a cool retro martini glass (from which I can drink my premixed martinis I got for Christmas); a fancy schmancy wine opener that I've been dying to get my hands on so that I can throw out the cheap-ass wine opener from my Olive Garden days; a cute martini shaker containing coctail recipes; and a bottle of wine.

This was particularly timely given the state of affairs at work* right now. On Monday I have to have a meeting to talk about whether there needs to be another meeting. I honestly thought that only happened in Dilbert cartoons and as a result, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Still don't.

Forget the cafe lattes, screw the raspberry iced tea - a Malibu and Coke for you, a g&t for me...

________________
* I realize I could get fired for writing about work. That's okay with me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment