Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Screw you guys, I'm going home (again).*

Tomorrow, providing I get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight and actually wake up in time for the 6am shuttle, I am off again to the land of Merry to protest the inauguration and to get my very first (and possibly only, ever) facial in honor of my 30th birthday with my dear old friends and to see some relatives who have recently had health-related surgeries. I hope to post updates as they are deemed necessary, but as a disclaimer I offer the theme from Christmas about 56K modems and my intolerance of that nonsense... I might just have to fake you out again when I get back. I'll take pictures of the protest and share when I get my real** computer back, for anyone who's interested.

On an unrelated note, perhaps it was somewhat inappropriate to exclaim "now what the FUCK is THAT??" to a coworker in response to hearing about YET ANOTHER acronym-ridden managerial team that was formed in an effort to help us get our work done, but in an exasperating way it (the forming of the acronym-ridden team, not my exclamation) almost kinda makes sense. Almost kinda.

Happy "don't spend a dime," and/or "turn your back on Bush" day if I don't blather to you before then.

________________
* I do hope you get the South Park reference. If not, I take no responsibility for any offense you take to this recurring subject. It's your own damn fault for not being Cartman-attune.

** My "real" computer, a.k.a. my home computer which houses mostly music, has been defunct for almost 8 weeks now. However, all I really give two flying figs about is getting Neil Diamond OFF my iPod rotation, and pitting that against my personal tech support person having a newborn in the house and recently going back to work, I just don't feel the need to press the issue. :) Though the recent procurement of $35 in iTunes gift certificates is making me change my perspective on the whole thing, AHEM. Haha. Kidding. I swear. Really.

3 comments:

  1. Jen(j), we trust you, as a manager, to determine when it's appropriate to say "fuck," in any and all of its forms. I think you're doing fine so far.

    BTW, what the fuck is Neal Diamond doing on your iPod?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, that human you set me up with does tech support, and he seems to have entirely too much free time. Maybe you could distract him from trying to get me to climb on his bookcases. I don't want to! Most of those books smell like they've been untouched for years. Pyew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Beads: Fuckin' A!! Hey, there is definitely a time and place for Neil (spelling corrected above, I always do that, it's Neal's fault). It's just wearing out its welcome for me at the moment.

    Oscar: Thanks for the offer - but we are just waiting on the still-under-warranty motherboard to arrive and then I should be set. I was just bitching. :)

    ReplyDelete