Sunday, January 23, 2005

Ever hear the expression "be careful what you wish for"?

I have... About 487 times since I arrived in Maryland to find snow on the ground, in fact, with a disproportionate emphasis on yesterday as it snowed and snowed and snowed. Note to self: in addition to never mentioning what time you usually get up in the morning, never again say you hope it snows while you're home.

So yesterday I sat under a blanket and watched movies I wouldn't normally watch under Oakland weather situations - Calendar Girls and Cold Mountain - both of which were better than I thought they would be. And then we all played a rousing game of Monopoly using a game set from approximately 1979. And today I guess I'll watch some football. Maybe tomorrow they'll let me out of the house. I'm only 30, lord knows I can't possibly drive on roads that were cleared of snow yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment