Saturday, January 15, 2005

Five random thoughts.

1. I think my iPod is psychic. Last night on the way home from Wake the Dead, a few of us were lamenting the fact that they didn't play "Cassidy," which is one of my favorite Dead songs. Unrelated (but not really), a few days ago my cousin mentioned his lack of Red Hot Chili Peppers and it occurred to me that I hadn't heard them in a while, and that I needed to change that soon.

Today I had to drive to San Leandro to run a bunch of errands so I took my iPod along and plugged it into the tape player. As is usually the case, it was on random song shuffle. The first song it played was "Cassidy," and the second song it played was "Mellowship Slinky in B Major." I'm really not kidding. Really. I can't tell you the last time I heard a Dead or RHCP song while it was on random shuffle. It was freaky enough that I started to think that the government might somehow be involved in the whole iPod phenomenon. The truth is out there, and Steve Jobs knows how to find it... (The next song - much to my relief - was a Lemonheads song. I have had no thoughts about the Lemonheads in many, many months.)

2. If I come to your house to drop something off without calling beforehand, and you're not wearing pants when I arrive, DO NOT answer the door. I beg of you. And for the love of God don't ask me if I want to come in. Just go about whatever it is that you're doing - WHATEVER it is - and ignore the doorbell. I'll leave the item on your porch and neither of us (meaning me) will be any the wiser.

3. I wonder if Olympic rhythmic gymnasts ever bring the ribbons home and use them as cat toys. If so, I bet Luna would love it if I were an Olympic rhythmic gymnast.

4. When are they going to start mandating parenting licenses, really now? I was in Target today and I can't tell you how many times I heard different parents say various formats of "shut the [expletive deleted] up and get in the [expletive deleted] cart!!!" This is why I hate people. You always wanna know why, well, take it in.*

5. And speaking of Tar-jay, are they really as evil as Wal-Mart? Please say no. Please?? But my new lamp shade is sooooo cute, and where else am I going to find a big ass bottle of Tide for $5??

________________
* A quote from The Opposite of Sex, as spoken by Lucia, who also said things like "You've got a death wish. That's so selfish. I have one too, but I direct it toward others"; and in answer to a question about how she got so bitter, "Observation." Me in ten years? Lucia.

No comments:

Post a Comment