Friday, December 31, 2004

I'm all messed up on cough syrup, so, like, nevermind.

Digression: I heard this on an Exploratorium radio ad, and now I endlessly wonder: "If I rub my eyes really hard, will I see the same thing you see when you rub your eyes really hard?" End of digression.

Re: subject. Not only is this a true statement for me right now, it also comes from an apparently ad-libbed line in a Dead Milkmen song. It was only recently that I read that Dave Blood, bassist for the band, passed away earlier this year. Sad. That band brought me much joy in college, and possibly one of my top ten concerts of all time was seeing them in the now-defunct Buddy's at Virginia Tech. Teeny tiny little club, unusually safe mosh pit, like-minded crowd screaming "I gave my ice cream to a shark and now I've got NOTHING TO EAT!!" Ahh. Those were the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment