Sunday, December 05, 2004

Hello, and goodbye.

Today I said hello for the first time to the newest member of Baby CHM.* A precious little teeny tiny helpless creature has found her way into the world and into the arms of both a wonderful set of parents who will love her to death and teach her well, and a group of pseudo-aunt-and-uncle friends who will spoil her to her (and our) heart's content.

Also today, I said goodbye for the last time to the ED of the volunteer organization I'm knee-deep (okay, sometimes eyeball-deep) involved with. As with all goodbyes to coworkers and fellow volunteers it was somber and happy at the same time, what with everyone talking proudly about all that he did, sharing all their great memories and then having to say farewell. But it helped to remind me why the hell I give so much of myself and my time to this endeavor. So good luck and thanks, sir.

______________
* I'd tell you what CHM stands for, but then I'd have to kill you. (Seriously. The last letter stands for mafia. That's all I can say.)

No comments:

Post a Comment