Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Too long for a FB status.

Try this: listen to "You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go" by Dylan a few times in a row, then play "We're Going To Be Friends" by the White Stripes a few times, then play the Dylan song again.

It's the same basic tune, right? I mean, I guess after 50+ years of rock & roll it's hard to make a truly original song, hence all the stupid copy infringement law suits by greedy musicians whose songs don't fare as well as those that allegedly copy them. But this similarity was really striking to me.

(Also known as, how I spent a ridiculous amount of time yesterday at work. I'm finding some good coping mechanisms!)

2 comments:

  1. The search for originality continues...!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They're all named Johann!" Haha this was great. Although I think he stole it from Jimmy Fallon. ;)

    ReplyDelete