Saturday, September 27, 2008

Idea #5: be a sage.

This idea involves sharing opinions I've heard over the years that I've either followed or blatantly ignored.

The only thing I can recall that I've really, honestly, blatantly ignored was the advice I got from my aunt during my senior year of high school: "You should be an orthopedic surgeon. They make lots of money."

Riiiiight.

Advice I've taken to heart over the years:

  • Save for retirement early and often.
  • Yellow foods (bananas, squash, etc) are really good cures for hangovers.
  • Shyness is nice but shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to.
  • Don't spend it if you don't have it to spend.
  • Back up back up back up back up.
  • If you start out depressed, everything's kind of a pleasant surprise.
  • The new Battlestar Gallactica is a really good show.
  • Sex is the quickest way to ruin a friendship.
  • Pay it forward.
  • Everything in moderation. Including moderation, sometimes.
  • There's nothing out there you can't do. (Even Santa Claus believes in you.)
  • Forgive... but don't necessarily forget.
Pretty telling that almost half of those are infotainment-based... Anyone want to add anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment