Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Apologies in advance for a self-righteous post.

Animal Planet has decided to air a series featuring Timothy Treadwell's adventures in grizzly bear stalking.

I am very upset about this. VERY upset.

Glorifying the life of someone who had no mental capacity to deal with the animals he encountered is utterly unacceptable. A network apparently devoted to the preservation and naturally-portraying-life of animals that would show such a series is appalling. Steve Irwin was an idiot who respected the power of the beasts he encountered, and said so, quite often, in his own defense, and died in a random tragedy. Treadwell, on the other hand, thought he was friends with the bears and got what he deserved.

Harsh, but true, in my opinion. I am not afraid of much, but I am afraid of two things: guns and bears. Both will take your life before you can blink an eye.

Rest assured, I will be having a word with my Discovery.com oldest friend about this nonsense which she has no control over. A very strong word.

And then I will see what's going on over at The Two Coreys. Yunno, for a little balance...

No comments:

Post a Comment