Saturday, September 06, 2008

Catching up on the RNC.

I've been pretty busy this week, so other than almost falling off the treadmill in angry shock while watching Rudy Giuliani's speech Wednesday night I haven't paid much attention to what's been going on at the RNC. Today I had some time to catch up, thanks to my friend Jon Stewart and the fine folks at Comedy Central. (And some real news too.)

Appalling as a lot of this is, I am still having trouble getting past Giuliani's mockery of Obama's community organizing experience. I have witnessed this work firsthand, and it takes leadership you would not believe and a profound understanding of the people you are working with. Seems like those two things alone make him an excellent candidate to run our country.

Is no one going to mention the fact that without community organizers doing their thing almost a century ago, Sarah Palin would not even be voting, let alone running as the VEEP candidate? I guess if they go there, they have to go to the fact that without community organizers half a century ago, Obama would not be running for President - and that would bring race into the whole campaign. Which we ALL KNOW has nothing to do with why backwoods freaks are not interested in voting for Obama.

Maybe I haven't gotten to that Daily Show clip yet...

1 comment:

  1. Agreed.

    I didn't watch the Reichstag National Convention; I couldn't stomach something so poisonous and vile. Thanks for bringing me up to speed.

    Giuliani is a pig, always has been, always will be.

    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete