Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A haiku to laser eye surgery.

Four doctors. Three years.
Six different prescriptions.
HELL NO to lasers.

OK, that was a pretty lame haiku. Add "EVER IN MY EYES" to the end, and emphasize FOUR DIFFERENT DOCTORS, SIX DIFFERENT PRESCRIPTIONS IN THREE YEARS and it's not a haiku anymore, it's just a rant against the ophthalmology world and the technology I am terrified of - but apparently for good reason.

Seriously? If you had four eye doctors over the course of three years give you six different vision prescriptions (which varied even more between contacts and glasses), would you entrust your beautiful baby [insert plural eye color and add SLASH] reason for enjoying this beautiful earth to a freaking "magic LASER"??

I don't think so.

As a result of my most recent attempt at reasonable vision without corrective surgery, my eyes are scratchy and blurry from the contacts, my head hurts from all the focus and lack thereof from the subsequent resort to glasses, and I'm having buyer's remorse for (really expensive but allegedly correct Rx) glasses I just ordered even though I think they were the better choice, framewise - slightly more hip but not hipster hip, because really I'm just a black t-shirt and khakis kind of gal. (But I am not my fucking khakis. Lest that confuse you.)

There is no point to this. It is a pointless rant. And that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment