Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Are you kidding?"

I know I have said this countless times in as many settings, but today was the most redonkulous day I have ever had. In my eleven years of corporate life, hands down the most redonkulous.

If I explained, you wouldn't believe me - so I won't bother. I didn't even believe it myself at first. Suffice to say that everything interesting happened within the first 45 minutes, which meant my tolerance was completely wiped out by 9:15am, but the redonkulous didn't end there. Oh no. It lasted until 4:30pm. So to keep my sanity, for the rest of my day I pretended I was Dr. Horrible. Witness:

"With my freeze ray I will stop the pain."

"All that matters, taking matters into your own hands."

"Balls!"

"Any dolt with half a brain can see that humankind has gone insane."

"Why can't they see what I see? Why can't they hear the lies?"

And of course, my favorite:

"WHAT-EV-ER."

It kept me amused until I got on the MAX this evening, still listening to the soundtrack on repeat, and a homeless man with an open can of beer in his back pocket wandered up the aisle asking for change just as Nathan Fillion started to sing "Everyone's a Hero"... and suddenly it wasn't so funny anymore.

Note to self: delete that song from iPod. Immediately.

But then I went to the gym, and during my six-mile jaunt I saw Bush's speech:

"Now the nightmare's real! Now Dr. Horrible is here! To make you quake with fear, to make the whole world kneel!"

... and suddenly didn't want to be Dr. Horrible anymore. And then I saw Clinton's Larry King interview:

"So please give me a sec to catch my breath."

And then I saw Obama's reaction to McCain wanting to postpone the debate:

"This is his dry cleaning bill - four sweater vests!"

And all was right with my world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment