Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sort of late or really early Friday five.

I've been trying to find something funny each day, mostly for my own amusement, but also because I am starting to think that if you can't laugh at the world, you're royally screwed. So, five things that made me laugh last week, in the order they occurred:

  • Monday: the sock monkey display at an upscale department store downtown. I can't find any relevant links but it appears to be a tribute to this book. I did find this and now? OMG I waaaaaaaaant one of those guys in the first picture. Er... I mean, I could totally make one of those myself.
  • Tuesday: I saw a somewhat rotund, heavily pierced, very tattooed girl of about 25 wearing this t-shirt.
  • Wednesday: walking home I saw a guy in his early 30's sporting a pirate patch over one eye. He was otherwise dressed for success so I'm sure it was because of an eye injury, but I still had to seriously hold back from muttering "gaaaaaaar!" under my breath as I walked past him. I'm SO SURE he hasn't heard that enough. So yes, on Wednesday I laughed at myself. I'm OK with that.
  • Thursday: a young kid gave his seat to an older woman on the bus. Well, that didn't make me laugh but it did make me smile. Chivalry and respecting elders is not dead to the world... yet.
  • Friday: my cube mate blared a Dead Milkmen CD after everyone else had gone home. I always, always, always laugh at Beach Song, but if you don't laugh when you hear this song too, something is seriously wrong with you.
BONUS: today I saw a guy of Hispanic or Latino descent wearing a t-shirt that said "We learn Espanol so that you don't have to." I wish I knew where he got it. I know someone who would totally love that t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment