Saturday, August 23, 2008

Belated Friday five. Er... Wednesday three.

Five things you might not know about me, in no particular order other than the order in which they came to mind while I anxiously await Primus streaming from the Outside Lands festival...

1. I really like Primus. My first "real" show (e.g. one that did not involve the Capital Center in DC, back when it was still the Capital Center) was either Primus or Fishbone at the Citadel. Both shows rocked but I remember being particularly enthralled with Primus. I haven't kept up with them at all but I'm glad they're still around. And I'm anxiously awaiting their show tonight.

2. If you see me wearing my frog ring, it's because I expect to have a bad day. If you see me wearing my frog earrings or skull & crossbone earrings, the same rule applies 95% of the time. (4% of the other time is when I would go to Pirate Night at Speisekammer. The remaining 1% is the time I just forgot to change my earrings.)

3. I claim to not like sweet things, and this is mostly true (they make my teeth hurt! they really, really do!) but it's also largely because I was slightly chubby when I was in 5th grade and my pediatrician put me on a diet... which my brother eventually found out and mocked me for years... and I haven't quite gotten over that. I was probably only about 15 pounds overweight at the time (thanks, Coleco Vision!) and I ended up losing most of the weight that year and the rest over the next few years, but he still made fun of me. One of the nicest things he ever said to me was when I got back from senior year beach week, where I'd eaten about 2 meals the whole week and had probably lost ten pounds I had no business losing. I believe the words were "damn, you're skinny!" Anyway, I gained weight a few years ago (thanks, metabolism!) and had flashbacks... and subsequently shunned the sweets. (Thanks, brother!)

And oh, there they are. OK, executive decision - this is now a Wednesday three. All done with this post now.

2 comments:

  1. That's when you have to enter the world of berry eating, particularly strawberries and blueberries. All the sweet-tarty taste, none of the guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berries sometimes make my teeth hurt too, though... Maybe I should just go to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete