Thursday, August 14, 2008

An open letter to...

Dear Credo (formerly Working Assets),
Last month when I called to inquire about something, I was offered a "free three month trial" for "unlimited web browsing" through my mobile phone. Knowing full well that nothing is ever "free," but not being able to imagine how this could possibly come back to bite me, I said OK. I have no laptop or crackberry and especially being in a newish town, I've been wondering if it would be helpful to have Google maps access remotely. Over the next few weeks I mostly used it to check email and Facebook on the train, and I may have used it twice for Google maps (which were quite handy, but were just employed because I was too lazy to check out the map the night before on my real computer).

But then.

I was about to write you a really angry letter because the "free trial" for "unlimited web browsing" meant "any web sites under 1MB," which represents, oh, about 0.0003% of the interweb. So "free" turned into $70. I was not warned of any of this. I got no supplemental documentation in the mail. Granted, I didn't ask for any, but still. You're Credo (formerly Working Assets). You would not screw me over.

But then.

You called me to warn me about the $70 charge, and suggested I get the $15 package deal instead, and signed me up right on the spot, and suggested if I didn't want the package deal to continue I should call back in a few days and cancel. So I called this morning from the bus stop, half asleep, and only after hanging up did I realize the customer service rep thought I wanted to cancel my web bill, not my web access via mobile phone. Great. I didn't catch it in time and now I had to call you back again.

But then.

I called from the bus stop this evening, fully awake this time, and explained the situation to the customer service rep. She apologized profusely for their mistake, which was actually my mistake, fixed everything and then she gave me a $10 credit on my next bill for all my "trouble."

Mobile phones were not meant to check email or Facebook, but I am glad I gained that knowledge firsthand for only $5.

So now.

Credo (formerly Working Assets) - LYLAS!

- Jen(n)

No comments:

Post a Comment