Sunday, August 24, 2008

Idea #6: count your blessings.

This idea from the magic book addresses a collection of things that makes me happy, like a perfectly good day. I kind of already covered this idea here, but today was so nice that I'll do an encore. Yesterday was pretty low-key but it did involve wandering around the NE. During said wandering I decided I needed a weekend day where I didn't force myself to get out and be a person, or explore my town, or run boring errands, or spend over $10. So, today I...

... woke up at 6:30am, took care of laundry and caught up on important news stories over breakfast. (Guilty pleasure #293.)

... did some Martha Stewarting for upcoming birthdays.

... allowed myself 2 hours of Food Network/TLC. (Guilty pleasure #439. I was particularly impressed to see that Big Daddy has come really far since winning - good show, sir!)

... took a nap with Her Majesty.

... ate lunch and got sucked into reruns of Celebrity Fit Club. (Guilty pleasure #571.)

... used that as motivation to go to the gym, where I ran 7 miles. (7! Miles! Last time I did that? I have no idea.)

... and used that as motivation to go to Fred Meyer for beer and ice cream. (I'm pretty sure those items, along with some cheese and crackers, will be my dinner. I'm just fine with that. After all, 7! Miles!)

... threw some random stuff in a tupperware for lunch tomorrow, blatantly ignored the pile of ironing, and tuned in to catch an amazing set by Rodrigo Y Gabriela at the SF Outside Lands festival.

... which brings us to now. The rain is falling and Her Majesty and I are watching Cake do a Black Sabbath impression.

Life is good. And also, damn John McCrea looks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment