Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Yes, yes...

... I own Billy Idol's holiday compilation. (Now who wants to touch me? I said WHO WANTS TO FUCKING TOUCH ME!)

I couldn't help it. It was calling to me at Best Buy tonight - just LOOK at that smarmy cover photo! The only Christmas music I currently possess is the Sesame Street Christmas Album from 1975, and a hidden track called "I Will Be Hating You for Christmas" by Everclear (which I played dozens of times after the David debacle). And a bargain at only $9.99... I just had to see for myself.

Don't get me wrong. There is a surefire time and place for Billy. Who amongst us hasn't run across "White Wedding" on the radio and snarled right along with him?

But yeah. This holiday compilation is as bad as you think it might be. Possibly even worse. His liner note includes the sentiment, "Another part of my performing these songs is that they are a challenge to sing... It was fun to come up against all that and find these songs sing themselves." Oh, so the songs are the terrible singers then? Riiiiiiiight.

It's so bad, in fact, that I know at least two people who are getting copies on the sole basis of the BAD.

I bought it along with a 70's concert video of a KISS show as a present for my brother. At least I could tell the checkout guy that the KISS video needed a gift receipt.

No comments:

Post a Comment