Friday, December 22, 2006

The longest day of my life.

I woke up at 3am this morning, which really isn't all that unusual. I blame it on a combination of it being the witching hour and owning a black cat. The unusual part was that I couldn't go back to sleep - at all. Sometimes it takes up to two hours, but I almost always get back to sleep. Not today.

So, since 3am this morning, I have accomplished the following:

  • watched three episodes of The Office (plus deleted scenes)
  • watched part of a crappy very old Dawson's Creek episode
  • attempted to go to the gym at 6am only to wait 20 minutes and have it still not be open, at which point I gave up and went home
  • ate breakfast
  • [at which point the power on my entire block went out, causing me to rethink my next activity]
  • cleaned up the 1/2 inch of dust on all the furniture in my apartment
  • finally pulled out the down comforter and new comforter cover (the one I've been coveting at Ikea for about two years now, but refused to pay $50 for - a few weeks ago it was on sale for $20 - I hadn't even planned on going to Ikea that day, it was kind of serendipitous)
  • [at which point the power came back on]
  • got my glasses refitted
  • dropped off dry cleaning and did four loads of laundry at the laundromat
  • ate lunch
  • figured out The Plan for getting to the airport Sunday morning
  • walked (back) to the gym, did my gym thing
  • walked to the grocery store and video store (to pick up THIS! which I learned about from THIS! garrr)
  • double-checked The Plan for getting to the airport Sunday morning
And it's only 3pm. And I'm not even tired. And it's prime napping weather.

Guess I have to continue to be productive. It's my day off! Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment