Saturday, December 02, 2006

Don't panic.

I admit it. I freaked out a little bit when I thought the mail had come, and there was no Lost: Season 2, disc 2 in my mailbox. I'd just sent two discs back this morning, and my entire evening revolved around the plan of watching disc 2 which Netflix told me would come today.

OK, maybe "a little bit" isn't entirely accurate.

I immediately began to curse Netflix. They'd never let me down before, but I'd heard stories of others who waited weeks for their DVD requests to arrive. Weeks?! Could I really wait weeks?! They had to pick NOW to start letting me down?

Then my thoughts strayed to what the hell I was going to do with my evening. Would I actually have to GO SEE a movie instead? Stranger Than Fiction is the only one I'm remotely interested in, and I'm trying to hold out for the Parkway on that one.

Would I have to shell out $4 and pick up disc 2 from the local Silver Screen? I wasn't above it, I'll tell you that much.

When I got back from the store after the first mail check, the mail had actually come, and there it was. In all its glory. Season 2, disc 2.

It's an addiction. It really is.

1 comment: