Saturday, June 04, 2005

While I was out.

Got a catalog in the mail yesterday from Design Within Reach. I'm really not sure whose "reach" they are within, other than "not mine." But it did inspire me to seek out a chair for my bedroom like I've been meaning to do for weeks now. So off to Ikea I went.

Those of you who hated my orange corduroy "captain's log" chair will be sorely disappointed with my purchase. Those of you who loved it (which I am guessing, really just comes down to me and the cat) will be pleasantly surprised with the new dark red corduroy chair. I just offer the caveat that it is called the Lunna chair, so minus an "n" how could I resist? (It also totally matches the rest of the decor in that room, and it's really comfy...)

She has yet to grace the chair with her presence but given how little I paid for it, I won't be too sad when she uses it as a scratching post like she did the orange one.

I also bought a matching armchair for my couch, which cost me about five times as much as the red corduroy chair. So in some karmic universe it all balances out... Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment