Wednesday, June 15, 2005

File under: If I Hear This One More Time...

Lately my life (meaning work and extracurricular activies - I have no actual life per se) has consisted of a lot of people saying, in so many words, "thanks so much for all you do it's soooo appreciated you're so great oh and by the way here's a shitload more crap for you to do since you don't have much choice but to grin and take it."

It's gotten to the point where the "thanks so much" piece is just incredibly condescending and worthless and I just wait for the shitload of more crap. I know that part of it is my own fault - in some situations I'm a control freak who wants to be sure that things are done right, so I go above and beyond and, in doing so, set my own bar really high. And I know that part of it is pure cynicism, which I am trying to work on.

But the rest of it is just patronizing. Maybe if I thought that any what I was doing was remotely helpful or worthwhile in any sense, I might feel differently. But I don't, so I don't.

Therein lies my main issue with my "life" right now. And boy, if I had an ounce of energy to address it, I would change it... But I don't, so I don't. Lather, rinse, repeat again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment