Thursday, June 02, 2005

The almost-Friday five.

My favorite five song lyrics at the moment, in no particular order, and for various reasons:

  • "I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve, I have a history of losing my shirt" (Barenaked Ladies)
  • "Take a long drown with me of California wine" (The Decemberists)
  • "We've got rules and maps and guns in our backs but we still can't just behave ourselves even if to save our own lives so, says I, we are a brutal kind" (The Shins)
  • "I was always brave and kind of righteous, now I find I’m wavering... crawl out of your grave, you find this fight just doesn’t mean a thing" (Buffy)
  • "If no out there understands you start your own revolution and you cut out the middleman" ... followed closely by "the revolution is just a t-shirt away" and "if you've got a blacklist I want to be on it" in the same song (Billy Bragg)

Add your own!

3 comments:

  1. Fun!

    "Fish swim, birds fly. Daddies yell, mamas cry. Old men sit and think.
    I drink." --Mary Gauthier

    "I need ho repellant." --DJ Assault

    "New York's alright, if you like saxophones!" --Fear

    ReplyDelete
  2. "there's beauty in the breakdown"
    -Frou Frou Let Go

    "All of the time you thought I was sad, I was just trying to remember your name."

    -Stars Your Ex-Lover is Dead

    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

    - John Lennon Beautiful Boy

    ReplyDelete