Thursday, June 23, 2005

How to be productive at work.

CANCEL ALL EXISTING MEETINGS IMMEDIATELY. For the past two days I have had NO MEETINGS. And over the past two days I literally checked off almost everything with a deadline on my to-do list. The few remaining deadlined items, I can easily complete tomorrow (despite the fact that I'm booked pretty solidly all day). And vacation can begin at 5pm - as it should.

This might sound like common sense, meeting-free days resulting in uber-productivity. But it has been a looooooong time since I felt like I got anything done at work, anything at all, and particularly anything of any quality, and I am starting to think it's because of all the meetings. Several regular gatherings are very useful, several are fun to go to (for various reasons), but the rest of them are just annoyingly time consuming.

On a totally-related note, how is it possible to have a blog and not talk about work? I spend [ ... pause while I do the math ... ] approximately 35-40% of my waking hours per week there.

YIKES. I sooooo should not have done that math.

No comments:

Post a Comment