Monday, June 20, 2005

30 Days, then back to your plushy lifestyle.

I guess I understand what he is trying to accomplish. After all, I watched and loved Super Size Me. But I'm not sure how I feel about this new show - perhaps because the topic I saw tonight (Minimum Wage) was really insulting - probably because of my volunteer life. Pretend to be poor for 30 days and then when you're done, go back to your swank New York apartment and on to the next gig. Why not pick a topic and actually DO SOMETHING about it? Hell, with the Oscar nomination under your belt you could easily take down McDonald's, one franchise at a time.

Oh, right. But then FX wouldn't pay you for it.

Maybe I've been watching too much of the Awful Truth lately, where actions are actually taken and bad people are actually brought to justice. Regardless, I don't think I'll be watching 30 Days again.

No comments:

Post a Comment