Thursday, April 28, 2005

Vacation, day #1.

I took seven business days off due to a slight break in the workload, and also the fact that I'm not too fond of my job right now. Judging from how today was spent, I'm thinking I'm going to be spending a LOT of money in the next week or so.

One place I spent money today was Costco, the magical warehouse of mass quantities of crap. It was my first visit as a "real member" and I only wanted to case the joint on a day other than Saturday to see what I should hold off on buying at Longs and Target. Naturally I didn't call to see what time they opened, and I arrived at 9:30 am to find that they didn't open until 10 am. So I went down the street and got Mom some peanut brittle from See's, and picked up a few more houseplants at Home Depot since Luna doesn't seem to be eating the first one I brought home. At 10:05 am I headed back to Costco.

Had I read the sign correctly, I would've seen that my lousy "gold membership" didn't allow me into the store until 11 am. SIGH. I stomped back to my car and headed to Nordstrom Rack to look for shoes. At 11:15 am I arrived back at Costco for the third time, and was finally permitted entry.

While browsing, I found this, this and this. Dear. God. Why.

________________
You can also buy caskets through Costco online. Yeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment