Sunday, April 10, 2005

"Do your very best not to scream."

That's how bad the movies I've seen recently have been. In no particular order...

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason: I was actually looking forward to this after a night out with some single girlfriends where we discussed relationship shit ad nauseum, especially since I really enjoyed the first one. Suffice it to say, the disc kept stopping mid-sentence and after a few stops I shut it off, reported the problem to Netflix and asked that they not send me a replacement copy.

In the Company of Men
: See Sideways review, only with a better (read=less happy) ending. This one was actually scream-worthy for its content, but really well acted.

The Village (from which I drew the subject of this post, ironically): Just when you thought it couldn't get any more stupid, it does. Why oh why did I not heed all the warnings and leave it alone? Must not let the Joaquin/Adrian factors drive which movies I rent. Must... not...

And finally, one that I should probably give another go... Donnie Brasco: I'm sure this was a swell movie, but I was incredibly distracted by three things throughout that prevented me from enjoying it: that I need to round up some old Fugazi, that Anne Heche is a crazy person (not in the movie, just in general), and that the "forgetaboutit" dialogue was way too similar to that in the crappy Hugh Grant movie.

Approximately 8 hours of my life that I will not get back. Oh well, at least I can warn others...

No comments:

Post a Comment