Monday, April 04, 2005

Like a kid at Christmas!

I'm getting new furniture delivered today... Well, "furniture" - I'm still too chicken to buy grown-up furniture so I got the kind you have to put together. So technically I'm getting big slabs of wood delivered today... Well, "wood" - it is from Ikea after all. But the promised me it didn't come from the rainforest... Well, "promised" - I am pretty sure the kid I asked didn't know and couldn't have cared less. (But I asked, that counts for something, right? Right??)

I've not been this excited about something in a long time. Every time I hear a large vehicle coming up the hill I run to the window to see if it's THE truck. I guess the bigger question is, will I really be able to work once the delivery arrives? Will reviewing nine MILLION PAGES of documentation be compelling enough to keep me from ripping into the boxes and getting started on assembly?

I highly doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment